Tuesday 13 September 2011

Anomaly Scan (20 Weeks)

Last night was a rough nights sleep for me. I kept waking up because I was so nervous about the scan, although it was morning time and we were ready to leave. Two bottles of water later and I was desperate for a wee (you're meant to have a full bladder for the scan) but I had to wait longer yet. We arrived at the hospital and got asked to go in for the scan and phew there was still a strong heart beat and it still had all it's limbs. Only problem was, the baby was facing the wrong way. It was facing my spine in the breech position, so it had literally been head butting my bladder. This was an issue because the sonographer couldn't reach around to see another part of the heart and the face. The bed I was lying on was tipped backwards to try and get it to move, I was also asked to move on my right side, then my left but we had no luck! It was being stubborn >:| She eventually asked us to go away for an hour so I could drink 4 more cups of water (literally dying now) and to see if maybe the baby would move. Soooo.... an hour later we were back in the ultrasound department and back on the bed covered in goo. The baby still hadn't moved properly around but the sonographer was able to see the things she needed to and assured us everything was good :) . Me and Lee were made up.


This is the best photo we could get. Although we didn't find out the sex, when she was showing us the legs I was sure I saw some little boy parts. Hahah. Who knows though?! On the notes from the can I found out the baby's PVD is 6.3. I'm not sure what PVD means? Could anyone let me know? I also found out that my placenta is anterior (meaning at the front of my womb) which I read is a completely normal place for it to be although there could be a chance of more bleeding if I needed a cesarean. Now it's just hoping it all moves up fine and that the little baby isn't early! I'm not going to worry too much. With that note, I think I just got a head in the bladder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback and questions!